Program | Special Events
Workshop for Young Female Researchers in Speech Science & Technology 2018
A workshop for women undergraduate and masters students who are currently working in speech science and technology is to be held at Interspeech 2018 on September 1, 2018, from 10 am to 5 pm followed by a dinner with invited senior members of the Interspeech community. It will feature panel discussions with senior female researchers in the field, student poster presentations and a mentoring session.
The workshop is the third of its kind, after a successful inaugural event YFRSW 2016, at Interspeech 2016 in San Francisco and YFRSW 2017 at Interspeech 2017 in Stockholm. It is designed to foster interest in research in our field in women at the undergraduate or master level who have not yet committed to getting a PhD in speech science or technology areas, but who have had some research experience in their college and universities via individual or group projects.
Travel funds are available for students accepted to attend the workshop. Up to $2000 is available for each student, reimbursing for economy-class flights, hotel (two nights), meals, and transportation to the venue.
- Amber Afshan (UCLA)
- Kay Berkling (Karlsruhe University)
- Heidi Christensen (University of Sheffield)
- Maxine Eskenazi (CMU)
- Milica Gasic (Cambridge University)
- Dilek Hakkani-Tür (Google Inc)
- Preethi Jyothi (IIT Bombay)
- Esther Klabbers (ReadSpeaker)
- Lori Lamel (LIMSI CNRS)
- Yang Liu (University of Texas Dallas)
- Karen Livescu (Toyota Technological Institute at Chicago)
- Pratibha Moogi (Samsung Electronics)
- Emily Mower Provost (University of Michigan)
- Catharine Oertel (EPFL)
- Bhuvana Ramabhadran (Google Inc)
- Odette Scharenborg (M*Modal)
- Elizabeth Shriberg (Ellipsis Health Inc)
- Isabel Trancoso (INESC-ID / Instituto Superior Técnico)
For further details, please see: https://sites.google.com/view/yfrsw2018/home