The Organizing Committee of INTERSPEECH 2018 is now inviting proposals for satellite workshops, to be held in proximity to the main conference.
The Organizing Committee will work to facilitate the organization of such satellite workshops, to stimulate discussion in research areas related to speech and language, at locations in India, and around the same time as INTERSPEECH 2018. We are particularly looking forward to proposals from neighboring countries. If you are interested in organizing a satellite workshop, or would like a planned event to be listed as an official satellite event, please contact the Satellite Workshop coordinators.
The Satellite Workshop coordinators along with the INTERSPEECH team will help to connect (potential) workshop organizers with local contacts in India, if needed, and will try to be helpful with logistics such as payment, publicity, and coordination with ISCA or other events.
- Submissions opens: Friday October 13, 2017
- Submission deadline: Friday December 8, 2017
- Notification of acceptance: Friday December 15, 2017
Proposals for satellite workshops should be submitted to the ISCA workshop portal. Note that you will be asked for:
- workshop name and acronym
- short description of the motivation for the workshop (provide the list of the scientific committee members)
- sponsoring/endorsing institutions
- full list of organizers
- estimated number of participants
- date and proposed location/venue of the workshop
- website (minimally containing call for papers, and preliminary information on scientific committee, important dates, location, and submission information, such as paper length and review process)
- Please use the comment section to for (1) describing the submission process (e.g. deadlines, target acceptance rate); (2) giving an outline of the program and invited speakers; (3) asking for help for finding a place if necessary.
The ISCA pages contain a wealth of useful information helping you to structure your application. ISCA also has a generous grant scheme for students who attend the workshop. Application forms can be found here: http://www.isca-speech.org/iscagrants/apply.php
If you have any questions about whether a potential event would be a good candidate for an INTERSPEECH 2018 satellite workshop feel free to contact the Satellite Workshop coordinators.
- Gérard Bailly: email@example.com
- Mark Hasegawa-Johnson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hemant Patil: email@example.com
Satellite Workshops Coordinators for INTERSPEECH 2018