- Proposal submission deadline: Fri. December 1, 2017
- Notification of pre-selection: Fri. December 15, 2017
- Final list of special sessions: Tue. June 5, 2018
The organizers of INTERSPEECH 2018 request proposals for special sessions covering emerging topics, challenges, interdisciplinary research, or subjects that could foster useful debate on speech technology and applications. Special sessions related to the INTERSPEECH 2018 theme, “Speech Research for Emerging Markets in Multilingual Societies” are especially welcome. Special sessions may follow a format different from regular conference sessions.
Each special session proposal must contain the following information.
- The title of the proposed special session.
- The names and affiliations of the organizers, including contact information and a brief biography for each organizer.
- Up to five bullet points explaining what factors make the proposed session special.
- A summary (up to one page) of the session topic that describes its importance, details the objective of the special session, and clearly defines the session’s format. The summary should clearly explain why the topic cannot be properly covered by regular conference sessions.
- A tentative list of researchers who could contribute papers to the session. Note that with a nominal 50% acceptance rate for Interspeech papers, this means that special sessions should have a minimum of 12 anticipated submissions, unless their format allocates time to something other than paper presentations.
- A list, if needed, of any extra or non-standard resources required to run the session (for example, equipment, data, poster stands, etc.).
Proposals will be evaluated by the organizing committee for relevance and significance. Papers submitted to special sessions will go through the same anonymous review process as regular papers, with session organizers assisting in reviewer recruitment and assignment, and in the final paper decisions. Special sessions which do not receive enough accepted papers will be cancelled.
Special session proposers are invited to submit a proposal via email to the Special Sessions Committee: email@example.com no later than Fri. December 1, 2017. Please put “Interspeech special session proposal NAME/ACRONYM” in the subject line. Notification of pre-selection is scheduled for Fri. December 15, 2017. Final acceptance will take place shortly after paper decisions are completed, depending on the number of accepted papers submitted to each special session.
If you have any questions about the preparation of your Interspeech 2018 special session proposal, please first check the FAQ at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mNpu3EeX3a0pCM9uzZ9kQ18v1d-7lowp3szjrfewl9U/edit?usp=sharing