INTERSPEECH conferences are attended by researchers with a long-term track-record in speech sciences and technology, as well as by early-stage researchers or researchers interested in a new domain within the INTERSPEECH areas. An important part of the conference are the tutorials held on the first day of the conference (2nd Sep 2018). Presented by speakers with long and deep expertise in speech, will provide their audience with a rich learning experience and an exposure to longstanding research problems, contemporary topics of research as well as emerging areas.
We encourage proposals for addressing introductory or advanced topics in an introductory style as well as for targeting experienced researchers who want to dig deeper into a given new topic.
Tutorials, each three-hour duration, may introduce an emerging area of speech-related research, or present an overview of an established area of research, rather than focus on the presenter’s individual research.
Date and venue of the Tutorials
- 2 Sep 2018, 8 tutorials – 4 parallel tutorials in the morning and in the afternoon
- Hyderabad International Convention Centre (HICC) (same venue as the main conference)
Proposals should include (in this order)
- Tutorial Title
- Presenter(s) (Name and Affiliation)
- Contact Information (Email, Telephone)
- 3-4 sentence abstract summarizing the proposed tutorial that could be used as an advertisement
- Description of the proposal (1-2 pages description plus a few relevant references and any webpages/material useful for reviewing the proposal)
- Explanation of relevance of the proposed tutorial (0.5 – 1 page)
- Tutorial Logistics, including
- Duration (3 hours = 1 session)
- Description of Presentation format (e.g. one or more presenters etc.)
- Special equipment required for the tutorial
- Description of provided accompanying material (handouts, storage devices with media, etc.)
- Presenter information
- Biography of Presenter(s)
- Key Publications of Presenter(s) on the tutorial topic
- List of previous tutorial experience
- Audience information
- Target Audience (e.g. new researchers to the field, research students, specialists of adjacent fields, etc.)
- Other considerations/comments
- Bibliography (from description)
Proposals for the INTERSPEECH 2018 tutorials may be no more than 4 pages long and must conform to the format stated above; please use clear headings to indicate each point.
Proposals should be submitted by email to email@example.com by 1 February 2018 and notification of accepted proposals will be given by March 16, 2018.
By submitting a proposal, the presenter(s) understand the ISCA policy of strongly encouraging video-recording of the tutorial for education purposes if the proposal is accepted. Access to recording materials will be given via ISCA Video Archives.
To download the final CFP Tutorials click here